Sunday, May 6, 2012

Long Time No See

I found this in my drafts.  I guess I'm not as much of a blog slacker as I thought!!!  I've decided not to finish it and just post as is.

It has been a friend's blog that encouraged me to open this back up and post something.

After my grandfather's death, I just became too busy to blog and really didn't have an interest anymore. But maybe I should. Not for anyone but for me.

I'm still a part time stay-at-home mom. The other part, I'm an art teacher in my daughter's school. This has been my one true dream from the time I was a small child of about 3 years old, drawing pictures of horses in the sun light of a back room in our home. I've wanted nothing more than to be an artist and as I got older and that dream was burst into a million pieces by my doubtful father, just being in art some how was enough for me, but then Reality set in and I needed to have a job that paid the bills and the art dream became a vapor and eventually let go.

When we let go of the things we love so dearly is when God can bring them back. But when He brings them back, it is perfect and exactly the way we wanted and needed them to be. So what if I'm 41 and living my dream. I just wasn't ready.

I work with elementary kids and I can't see me doing this job 20 years ago. I had no patience for kids then. It took some slow cooking in the crock pot of life for me to tenderize to perfection.

No comments: